Manuel Builders have a wealth of experience in both the design and construction of loft conversions. All our conversions are fully compliant with local building control regulations, with in-house architectural and structural services available on request. Whether you are looking to create a Velux, Dormer or Gable type of loft conversion, we have a proven track record in constructing quality lofts on time and on budget.
Do I need planning for my loft ?
A loft conversion for your house is considered to be permitted development, not requiring an application for planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
- A volume allowance of 40 cubic metres additional roof space for terraced houses
- A volume allowance of 50 cubic metres additional roof space for detached and semi-detached houses
- No extension beyond the plane of the existing roof slope of the principal elevation that fronts the highway
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms
- Side-facing windows to be obscure-glazed; any opening to be 1.7m above the floor
- Roof extensions may not to be permitted development in designated areas
- Roof extensions, apart from hip to gable ones, to be set back, as far as practicable, at least 20cm from the original eaves
- The roof enlargement cannot overhang the outer face of the wall of the original house.
Contact your local council for more information.
Call us anytime.. We will gladly meet you at your home and provide a free consultation to discuss the best options for a loft to be proud of.
Contact Us Today
209 Seafield Road,
Tel: 01202 424790
Mobile: 07792 069910